Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I really enjoyed reading your threads about the get-together and looking at the pics. You guys had so much fun without me!

Anyways, I went to Boston last week to work and then I came home and turned right around and took my son for his 16th birthday to NYC. We had a great time - three Broadway shows, great food, Central Park, etc. I am proudly wearing my "I Heart New York" shirt today.

My husband went to Loveland last Saturday and did about 6 runs, also without me. Oh well. I'll go up to Loveland this Saturday and see how bad my legs are. Keystone opens Friday, but I think I'll wait for a weekday next week to head over there. The early season weekend lines were terrible last year.

Whenever FiCO wants to have a ski day, I would sure enjoy that!

Miriam
...It's snow time!
Print the post Back To Top
Miriam,

We certainly did miss you at the party. Next time you will have to forget about work and join us no matter what! ;-)

Glad you had fun in Boston and welcome back.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

J.D.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Keystone opens Friday, but I think I'll wait for a weekday next week to head over there.

Me and some friends are going up on Tuesday the 30th. Your more than welcome to meet us up there or something

Jeremy
Glad you had fun in Boston and welcome back.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

J.D.

I'll second that!

BTW, have we met? Am I totally spacing out? Do you ski? We could be friends!

Miriam
...a friend to all snow-lovers...
I'll second that!

BTW, have we met? Am I totally spacing out? Do you ski? We could be friends!

Miriam
...a friend to all snow-lovers...

-------------

MirKatze,

I was at the FiCo meeting that you were not able to attend. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet face to face there. We'll have to do that this winter on the slopes.

J.D.
*Skiing since the day he was born*
No. of Recommendations: 2
J.D.
*Skiing since the day he was born*

I felt moved to fav you for that!

You don't tele by any chance? Then you'd be my total hero!

I'm having my fifth season coming up. Isn't it great how we get to look forward to winter coming instead of dreading it?

Did you get a pass? Where to? Don't tell me Copper! I like Copper and Winter Park really well, but Vail is my first choice. We do days everywhere though. I've been to just about every ski area in Colorado. Haven't been to Silver Creek or to that area near Beaver Creek that you can see from the road. Haven't been to Sunlight, but it's really high on my list because I heard there were nice glades there. Everywhere else that's open these days - I've been.

Miriam
...sucker for skiers...
You don't tele by any chance? Then you'd be my total hero!

I'm having my fifth season coming up. Isn't it great how we get to look forward to winter coming instead of dreading it?

Did you get a pass? Where to? Don't tell me Copper! I like Copper and Winter Park really well, but Vail is my first choice. We do days everywhere though. I've been to just about every ski area in Colorado. Haven't been to Silver Creek or to that area near Beaver Creek that you can see from the road. Haven't been to Sunlight, but it's really high on my list because I heard there were nice glades there. Everywhere else that's open these days - I've been.

--------

Unfortunately, I don't tele, but I want to real bad. I haven't really skied a whole lot in the last couple of years because I really couldn't afford it while I was in school. Last year I couldn't because I had surgery. This year I am healthy, but don't know how often I will be able to go because I am trying to save money to go back to school (hopefully at A & M). Of course, all people have to do is ask and I am more than willing to either teach, or smoke 'em if they talk smack. I'm good, and I'm not shy about telling people either. I have been just about everywhere too, with Telluride being my favorite in Colorado. Jackson Hole, Wyoming is the best place that I have been to. More later, just got busted at work for being on the fool.

Biochem
*bored at work*
No. of Recommendations: 2
This year I am healthy, but don't know how often I will be able to go because I am trying to save money to go back to school (hopefully at A & M). Of course, all people have to do is ask and I am more than willing to either teach, or smoke 'em if they talk smack. I'm good, and I'm not shy about telling people either.

So you're poor, but willing to go and to teach, hey? Maybe we could work a deal like a lift ticket in exchange for a lesson?

How much time have you spent with shaped skis??? That's all I've ever had. I just got some new skis - they're pretty fat in the waist with less shape throughout than my previous two pairs. But they're still shaped.

If you want to talk more about skiing, maybe we could move it over to this board: http://leviticus.boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=15984101&bid=115492 I hate to talk everybody's ear off about skiing here since not everyone is interested. And I get super-obsessed with it.

Miriam
...what's smack?
what's smack?

SMACK == TRASH

In the 90's, you talked trash to fire up yourself and your opponent.

Today, you talk smack.

I went to the Avs game last night with my hockey team. We were talking so much smack the fan right behind me noticed: "Whoa! A lot of love in Section 320 tonight!".

scottie
...Sure, we compare favorably with the Avs...