No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello all,

I've started 2 DRIP's in the past couple of years. The first, with JNJ, was through Temper of the Times (Moneypaper). It cost $20, and took 2-3 months for everything to go thru. The second, INTC, I purchased 1 share through my discount broker (E*Trade), and had them issue the certificate in my name. It cost $19.95 for the trade, and a $5 fee for the certificate. (Other brokers will have different fee structures, so this is just one example). The one nice thing about this method is that is was really quick - less than 1 month. Then I had to contact Intel and fill out the forms, but once they have you in their system as being a shareholder, it goes quick.

If I start a third DRIP, I will try and use NAIC's Low Cost Plan - the cost is $7 per company to set up the DRIP. The only catch here is you have to be a member of NAIC to be eligible - which is well worth the $39 membership fee, IMO.

Anyway, just a few more thoughts.......

Canuckian
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.