Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hello Bella!

It seems that Murphy's Law caught up with me.

I just got a brand new MacBookPro and it's been a disappointment. The type faces are getting smaller so I went to check my eyes and I do need new reading glasses. They suggested LASIK surgery for cataracts but I want to avoid that for as long as possible.

On the Mac side I have to install php & MySQL and since I do that only once per new computer I have to learn it all over again. Last time was seven years ago. What I hate is that one must use 50 year old technology to do it, UNIX command line which I hate. Funny thing, UNIX was written to power digital telephone exchanges and it became THE computer OS of choice.

As for The Captain's ARK, it has been a disappointment to me, the initial run was based on a roaring bull run instead of on outperformance. I've been going back to covered calls and accumulating TSLA and ENPH. As we have discussed, I want to add the Covered Call Selector to The Captain's ARK. One major difficulty is downloading the option chains. The CBOE does not allow any kind of robots to access their site and I don't want to pay for data. The other is finding stocks that are good covered call candidates. I've experimented with Yahoo screens but they include too much garbage. I'm still trying to find a good way to marry the ARK ETF picks and the Covered Call Selector.

Right now I'm distracted with reading glasses and getting my new laptop running properly. One major issue is transferring the mail client, it worked except it did not transfer the passwords and every time I enter a wrong password the server blocks my IP. I have yet to figure out how to solve that issue. Like I said, Murphy on steroids.

Summer is great when sunny but then it's hot as hell, at other times it's cold and foggy. Weird weather in northern Portugal.

To sum up, I need to get organized to solve the issues one by one. Reading glasses are number 1. Then getting php & MySQL up and running. Getting a new ftp client (Fetch?). Getting a workaround for Yahoo if it does not come back. Another Fool has been having similar problems with the Yahoo APIs.

The problem persists

Warning: file(http://d.yimg.com/autoc.finance.yahoo.com/autoc?query=TSLA&a... failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found on Accelerator
in /path/to/Yahoo.php on line 177

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.