Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Fellow Fools:

I had the idea for this board a while back, and have finally gotten around to starting it. I have heard on many different boards about the power of letter writing, both to your elected representatives in government (local, federal, township, or what-have-you) and to companies and service providers whose services you are not happy with.

I do not think this board should have any rules, per se, as to what type of letters anyone can discuss here. My idea was to share our letters and the responses we get from these letters in this forum both to let other Fools see how companies and/or government representatives handle various problems, and maybe even to encourage people who do not normally write letters to get more involved.

I personally hope this board does well, as I believe that we as Americans and Fools should be more involved in the world we live in. I feel we should be letting our government and the companies we give our money to know how we feel about any issues, as they can only improve with feedback. So, write on, Fools, and share you letters and the responses they generate here so that we can all learn and grow from the knowledge.

Mike in NJ

P.S. As a side note, I would hate to see anyone attacking the ideas of others and starting flame wars and other nonsense. I think we should feel free to post any letters and their responses here (within the guidelines of The Motley Fool's posting rules, of course!) without fear of unreasonable personal attacks. If you don't like the ideas expressed in any particular letter and the ensuing discussion, just hit “ignore thread”. It's a great tool!!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.