Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Hello Everyone,

I have not posted to this board before, frankly I have not thought to look for a JCI discussion. It's such a stodgy old company. Who would have thought that people would be interested. Go figure...

Anyway, for what it's worth, I have owned JCI for about 10 yrs. The return has been very, VERY good. I am a dividend reinvestor, which helped compound the return. (For those who are interested, JCI probably has the friendliest DRiP plan available.) Well into 1999, JCI had returned an average of 22-23% (5 yr avg return) for investor who reinvested dividends. Not too bad.

Fundamentally, JCI has grown its sales and income continually for, I believe, the last 14 yrs. Yet, their P/E is only about 13. The stock price got hit pretty hard a year or so ago (as did a lot of mature, value type stocks) and is still somewhat depressed. I look for a very good rebound in the next 1-2 yrs. as JCI continues its winning ways and the auto demand grows again.

I believe that JCI is a solid investment that will pay off well in the relatively short term and can be depended upon to be a somewhat stable holding for the long term. Just my humble opinion.

Nobody2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.