Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hey fools,

I'm new to the Motley Fool and somewhat new to Pacific Ethanol. However I am very familiar with California and more specifically with the Central San Joaquin Valley where the 1st of hopefully many PEIX plants is under construction. I spent 7 years in the Fresno CA area from 1994-2001 and have a rather extensive understanding of the infra-structure/topography/industry of the San Joaquin Valley (SJV). This first plant under construction is about 10 miles north of Fresno in a small agricultural town called Madera. Obviously agriculture is the main industry between crops and dairy farmers all up and down the valley from Merced southward 200 miles into the Bakersfield area.

From what I've read in here and have learned from other sources...I'll agree that these guys could become the 800lb gorilla of Ethanol if they get all their ducks lined up in a row prior to lift-off. They seem to have financial backing from Gates and others...But I'll also agree that the Oil business is going to have something to say about how soon Ethanol becomes mainstream...So we may not see any significant growth until Bush and his boys are gone and we have a "green friendly" prez in the white house.

Anyway to answer Dheatguy's question about when this plant is suppose to be operational. From the PEIX website...A press release dated 1/31/2006 states that the plant should be completed and operational by the 4th quarter of this year. I just read all of the posts and someone back there a ways may have mentioned this already...But anyway I'm psyched to see some activity on this board since I've been struggling to find information and opinions on PEIX since they popped up on my radar screen a month or two ago.

Can't wait to jump into the mix here at fool.com and will be looking forward to exchanging information with my fellow fools. Also will be excited to find a good entry point to grab some PEIX stock sometime this spring! Anyone else have any thoughts on what range the stock will settle into by mid-march or so???

Bradams2

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.