No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello Friends,

Thank you for everyone's input/advice. I'm actually not too experienced in replying back in forums either...so I'm just hitting reply on the last message which is meant for everyone that posted previously..Anyways, It definitely gives me more to look into. I will check out both the Lazy Portfolio and the "GEM" Strategy. I will also consider only investing a small percentage into bonds ( or none at all). I will hold off on any type of real estate investment since its already a lot to learn right now. As of now, I will hold onto both (VT) and (VUG) which I have only 10 shares in each. Im considering the Vanguard Life Strategy Growth Fund and if I do end up with it, most of the Roth contribution will go towards that ( I know this fund more or less covers/includes both VT and VUG within but I will still keep them for now even if it doesn't make any sense).

A random question :
Does it make any sense to invest in both " Target Date Fund " AND " Target Risk Fund" together?

Again, Thank you for everyones feedback. I will keep researching and looking into different portfolio builds. Will keep everyone updated.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.