Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

I was reading the posts about you moving to NJ with maybe the same or maybe a different corporation. I think you might want to look into the role of the "Biennial Report" that most states want you to file every two years. That form allows you to keep in good standing with the state you are in and tells the State who the Directors, Officers and Registered Agents are for your Corporation. At least you should probably amend the one in your old state to correctly reflect your standing. If you go to a bank and need a loan for your business they always check this report to ensure it is accurate. No Biennial Report on file means that they will not loan any money to you -- you have to be what is considered "in good standing" with your repective state. Hope this assists you a bit.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.