Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello imyoung,

You wrote, To clarify, we (Saul and some of us posters) decided to post some guidelines for newbies who have come to Saul's Investing Discussions, a board with a singular focus of analyzing and discussing individual, rapidly growing, disruptive companies, without any basic knowledge about investing or the risks involved. I compiled and posted the list. Note that I strongly recommended newbies get the proper investing foundation and help by subscribing to one of the Fool's paid services as I and many of Saul's followers have done and still do.

Saul wanted it posted under "Announcements" on our board but the Fool could not accommodate us, hence my posting it here.

The Fool apparently gave us their blessing by adding it to the "Announcements" to the right of this post as "New to Investing?": https://boards.fool.com/new-announcement-34194402.aspx?sort=.......

I hope this clarifies it.

I was not aware the Learning to Invest / Investing Beginners board was in any way associated with Saul's Investing Discussions. I can certainly understand why Saul's board might want to direct novice investors in this direction. But looking around this board, I still don't see the relationship or the need to refer back to Saul's board. I guess that's why I was confused by your post.

- Joel
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.