Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Hello. It's comforting to read your story. I have at least a drawer full of OOOPS.

This makes me think of a quilt my aunt did for my grandmother. She had family members do 12"x12" signed friendship blocks going with a red/white/blue color scheme and any block pattern you liked. I made my block and my sister's, but she did her own embroidery on it. We mailed them by the deadline, but they didn't show up at my aunt's house. She had to proceed with what was on hand and got the quilt finished. Then, more than a month after mailing, our two blocks showed up. I don't know the name of the strips used between blocks, but she framed them up side by side with a strip between and around the outside, quilted it, then added a back with an opening and inserted a king-sized pillow. This was a perfect compliment to the quilt.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.