Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello JustAndy and welcome to the Motley Fool!

<< Have any of you ladies read Jane Bryant Quinn's "Making the Most of Your Money"?>>

I haven't read it, but I used the search function below to see what other Fools have said about it. This is what tc001 has to say from our "Fools and Their Money" folder:

"I would also recommend another book, "Making the Most of Your Money" by Jane Bryant Quinn. Don't worry about the size, you can read the first part and skip around in the later chapters as the need arises.

Quinn is an excellent writer, both in style and substance. You can pick up the 1991 edition at the library and I think there's a new edition that just came out in the bookstores. However, the
basic information from 1991 still applies today. She covers everything (and I do mean
EVERYTHING) on family finance."

<< My mother who knows little about money and investing, but much about life, just purchased a
copy each for both my sister and myself (to read). I have not had time to do that (geesh - 1,000+ pages there) but it looks like it covers personal finance pretty decently.>>

Trust mama. : )

<<Must be she thinks there is value in it, since I am handling her investments and I am the guy
with the accounting background.>>

I recommend reading the Fool's Thirteen Steps to Investing Foolishly at:

http://www.fool.com/School/13Steps.htm

It's much shorter than 1,000 pages and fun to read. There is also great advice in our "Managing Your Finances" folder which could help you out a great deal. And make mama happy. : )

Hope this helps!

Barbara Eisner Bayer
TMF Venus
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.