No. of Recommendations: 2

Hello Louisiana...

and a big Hi to Halbrook.
I'm LurkerMom from Wisconsin and am traveling along with the tour thru the 50 states. I'm arriving a little behind the rest, but better late than never.

Thank you Halbrook for you warm welcome and your wonderful description of the State of Louisiana. I made
a copy of it so I could read it again over my morning coffee, I enjoyed it so.

A few weeks ago I had family visiting from Norway. On one of the evenings we were doing the town, I made reservations at one of our local restaurants.
Now we have German, Italian, and many other types of nice restaurants in town, but I was looking for something different, something they wouldn't see back home, and unique to America.
I choosed a restaurant which specialized in Louisiana cajun food.
I had jambalaya...heard about this dish for years,and songs have been written about it, so just had to try it. Oh! was it good! Everyone enjoyed their meals and we had the most wonderful time at the restaurant.
I have yet to visit Louisiana, but I know the first meal I have when I do it will be jambalaya. If it was that good in Milwaukee, I can imagine what it will be like eating the real thing in Louisiana.

Well, I guess I have rambled enough, got to catch up with Jess, I've been lagging behind.

Hope you folks here come and visit us on the Wisconsin Board, it would be nice to see you there.

'Mom
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.