Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Mr. Heiserman...

I can't thank you enough for sharing this presentation. I finally got a chance to sit down and read it, and I have to say this is really good stuff.

I did have one basic question for you... on slide 104 you give a snapshot of an IV calculation. It looks, based on the numbers, that your seed for the 3 scenarios is something like per share GAAP earnings - interest earned on cash + net cash/share... something along those lines... regardless, without digging too deep, it at least looks like the valuation is based on GAAP earnings in some form and not defensive or enterprising earnings, which are much lower and would yield IVs considerably lower than $36/$41/$47 for the three growth scenarios. Considering the subject matter of the entire presentation is the structural weakness of the income statement and GAAP earnings, I'm curious why they're used in the valuation... or have I completely misconstrued the whole thing.

Thanks again for sharing, and for you presence here on this board.

kevin
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.