Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Shock:

Just last night I was reading a post on Red Herring dot. com on the Linux companies out there right now, especially with Caldera getting for an IPO.

The point in the article that really struck me was the statement "Red Hat is Trading at 300 times revenues while Microsoft trades at on 23 times revenues." The author of the article then went on to makes the case that the Linux companies are overvalued.

But we know the market, to a large degree is efficient. So I was confused. But when I read your posts this morning, I understand where Linux/Open Sourcing is coming from and I can see where the opportunity is for Red Hat.

Thanks for your efforts!

Tony Kelso

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.