No. of Recommendations: 6
Hello Tinker,

Today is a good example of the conundrum that we are facing in our investment choices:

ZS is down because it is overvalued. NTNX is down because it is undervalued. We can not have it both ways and yet I really like both of these.

Because NTNX produces such wonderful results, one wonders how the market can price them so low. It is easily comprehended when one grasps that hardware pass-through revenues are in the year earlier
quarter but significantly reduced in the just reported Q. They are significantly growing software and service billings, but also adding measurably to the suite of products they are bringing to market. Hard to see where revenue growth will slow considerably. And the valuation screams BUY!

ZS, according to many, is priced for perfection. Having just attained it, where is the upside? The mantra here has been that the market recognizes greatness and we can't buy these cheap.

Substantively, each of these companies are over-performers. Duma's valuation test would give a big edge to NTNX. I really like them both and bought them both to increase my positions today. As I have only been in ZS less than a month, NTNX is a 3x larger position but I am on a course to bring ZS up.

Best regards,

Mike

P. S. I happily hold PVTL. Hang in there.

P. P. S. Nutanix CEO had very direct comments about VMWare competition in response to an analyst's question in the recent call. Enjoy!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.