No. of Recommendations: 0

I dont post often, but I am in and out. I recently had my divorce finalised. This is a good thing. We are still on talking terms, but only because we share a child. Otherwise I wouldn't look back. So, no remorse.
My now ex and I bought a car in the begining of 2002 (one I didnt want, nor thought we could afford..one of our biggest problems) The new car was for him, well he took it in the divorce, which was fine with me. However, since we split, he is continuously late on it. This last time has reached over 30 days. Yes, you guessed my name is on the loan as well as his. I have asked him for 9 months to refinance the thing so my name would no longer be on it. Now 9 months later he can't make the payments at all and his credit history is dismal at best. How do I get my name off of it? I really can't afford to take over the car payments and insurance, and I need to refinance the house under my name only. As long as he continues to paylate he is hurting my chances of getting a good refi, or to get refi'd at all. Help!!!

Lula
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.