Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Stupid me...I have not filed any returns since tax year 1992. I am in process now of filing all late returns...At first glance it appears I was eligable for refunds in all but one or two years, and for those years the amount i would have to pay is very small (say a $150) or so. My question is this...with my returns postmarked Apr. 16th....what is the last year I can get my rrefund (i.e. tax year 1998) I know if you file too late you lose your refund. Also if i file too late to receive a refund for that year, when the irs gets my returns will they use that years refund to offset small amount owed from previous years...Thanks for help from someone FINALLY trying to get their financial life together
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.