Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Windows ME on dial-up connection

I got a call from my long distance company today alerting me to fraudulant use of my telephone. Many many long distance calls coming from my home phone. Too many to be normal use, so flags went off promting their call. These calls are to another state and I did not make them.

So, I called my local company to check my line to make sure it isn't crossed with someone else. They say my line is good.

I call the long distance back to find out how they think this is happening and what I can do to stop it. They said that the calls are coming from my actual phone and not someone using my # or calling card. So if it is not someone actually picking up my phone to use it, the only other explaination is that it is coming from the internet.

I have Norton's 2001 anti-virus and keep it updated. Virus scan shows nothing. I also have ZoneAlarm.

Anyone heard of this? Know of the name of a program I should be looking for on my computer?

Thanks much!

-jekkel
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.