Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I feel like an idiot. While I've been investing some money in the stock market over the past year or two, I failed to take a close look at the mutual funds I own...and just did that tonight. Here's what I found:

Of the three mutual funds that my wife and I own, here are the situations:

1. We each have a Roth IRA that is invested in MIGBX -- a "B" type fund with the contingent deferred sales charge.

2. I have a traditional IRA in NAGIX -- a "C" type fund with a level annual sales charge.

3. I have a mutual fund account in AGGBX -- another "B" type fund with a contingent deferred sales charge.

I feel BETRAYED by my investment broker guy. He's a nice guy, but of course never relayed to me the money that I was paying out for these mutual fund investments. And for the two Roth IRA's and my regular IRA, I'm paying $40 A PIECE per year as a maintenance fee...$120 a year total!!!

HELP!!!!! Can anyone please help me with this??? What should I do? I've had the NAGIX and AGGBX accounts for over six years...but our Roth IRAs MIGBX accounts are only two years old.

Where do I go from here? Do I call my broker...and what should I say? Can these be changed now? And to WHAT??

Any help would be SO VERY APPRECIATED...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.