Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi All,

I've posted here in the past regarding my last 2 deals and the advice provide was valuable...thanx a bunch :-) I'm in the process of purchasing my 6th property. This property is in my farm area. In fact, it is on the same block where I have 4 other properties. Here's the scoop:

- 5 bedroom, 2 bath row home
- Located in Philadelphia, PA suburbs
- The house comps for $105k - $110k (i know this block very well)
- House will rent for $1295 / month (I currently rent two - 5 br houses on this block for $1295)
- Monthly mortgage: $780 PITI (based on 20% down payment, 30 yr fixed, 7%)
- Monthly cash flow: $515 / month
- Estimated repairs $2,000 (house is in move in condition, the $2k is cover to misc repairs to comply with Building Code)

I'm preapproved w/ my lender for a purchase price of $95k. I'll need to put down 20%. I'd like to minimize the out-of-pocket cost since I'm already putting down 20% down, $19k.

The owner originally wanted $125k, I've been able to negotiate them down to $105k. I have an existing relationship with the owner. I bought a house from them on the same street 2 years ago. They know that I'm a proven player. So I'm thinking of structuring the following deal:

- Purchase price: $95k (mortgage from lender $76k + my down payment $19k)
- Remaining 10k, I'd like the seller to extend a payment plan to me.
--- To help sell the payment plan idea, I would pay $2k upfront and spread the remaining $8k balance over 24 months.
--- The monthly payment works out to $333 / month. The cashflow from the property will cover the payment.

Does this sound plausible? Thanks in advance :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.