Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 22
Apparently TMFBreakerCharly, and no doubt a number of other official fools, aren't able to see the double standards they are applying to posts. So let's help them out.

I invite you to reply to this post with links to other posts that aren't family friendly. Posts that contain masked (and un-masked) profanity would be perfect.

I'm not looking to FA the posts, just list them out so that the double standard can be plainly shown. In fact, FA-ing the posts would be counter-productive at this moment, since that would give the fool Powers that Be the opportunity to CYA by pulling the posts. If you're feeling like providing really solid proof, include the date of the post and the poster's name, as those get lost when a post is pulled.

I believe it was Edmund Burke who said, "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Well, folks. Evil is prevailing when injustice prevails. And I believe there has been some considerable injustice here lately. Some have chosen to respond to that injustice by leaving this forum. I will not fault them for that. But I will not leave this community before making an honest attempt at improving it. If it cannot or will not be improved, then I will let the chips fall. But feel like I must try to improve things first.

So have at it.

--Peter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Great effort Peter,
I don't have a post that I consider "Not Family Friendly" at this time but to add another log to the fire:

Hi there SeniorCit,

We just deleted the message that you posted with the subject of "Re: HiJack Logs" on 1/26/2008 12:36:50 AM. Off-topic.

This was my message to explain why MFDnNC was signing off the HWTSC board.
Part of my message...
Those of you that follow the mess going on over on HURL know he is talking about Aj, (Joe/Avergagejoe) and damX well expresses his thoughts in the following post:

...and I linked to two messages on the HURL board Both of which are on the "Best Of" board.

since posters were asking why Mike was leaving, I thought the links were very much on topic. I figured it must be because I reference Aj....
Good luck, but with billF, MFDnNC, Desert and others leaving, Hopefully others will answer your call.
SeniorCitizen
No. of Recommendations: 1
I just want to know one thing.

Why is the term "redneck" acceptable?

Can someone explain it to me so I can understand it?
No. of Recommendations: 2
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26037825&bid=113431

Posted by Tuni on 10/27/07

Pretty insulting to the military
No. of Recommendations: 2
And this one

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26039269&bid=113431

posted by it409 on 10/28/07

As you know, coon is a VERY derogatory southern slang term for African Americans.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25738297&bid=113431

Also posted by it409. Dated 7/30/07, note the use of the masked word for unlawful carnal knowledge
No. of Recommendations: 9
tsk, tsk a little maturity here! I recall how my children whined and wailed when they didn't get what they wanted.
tsk, tsk a little maturity here! I recall how my children whined and wailed when they didn't get what they wanted.

PRECISELY!!!!

Time for the whining children to take their childish immaturity and petty jalousies and go back to their little playrooms and leave the adults alone!

Else... the adults simply stop contributing.
Good luck, but with billF, MFDnNC, Desert and others leaving,

Kin I have their stuff?
No. of Recommendations: 17
Apparently TMFBreakerCharly, and no doubt a number of other official fools, aren't able to see the double standards they are applying to posts. So let's help them out.

I don't remember exactly when Joe's exact same joke was pulled, but as you can see this one is still there and Joe's got FA'd. Talk about double standards!

Janny

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26294682&bid=&sort=whole#26294922
I don't remember exactly when Joe's exact same joke was pulled, but as you can see this one is still there and Joe's got FA'd. Talk about double standards!

How can you say it is a double standard? Did you FA that post and TMF not pull it? TMF has said many times they don't have the staff to patrol the boards. They rely on people reporting posts. That post may never have been reported.

IF
No. of Recommendations: 4
I just want to know one thing.

Why is the term "redneck" acceptable?

Can someone explain it to me so I can understand it?

It's not that it's acceptable, it's just that most of us rednecks don't have one of these here computin' boxes, let alone access to TMF, and don't have the means to view or FA any post.

Personally, if my computin' box hadn't been up on blocks in the front yard when that was posted, I may have taken offense and FA'd it.

-S
No. of Recommendations: 0
How can you say it is a double standard? Did you FA that post and TMF not pull it? TMF has said many times they don't have the staff to patrol the boards. They rely on people reporting posts. That post may never have been reported.

IF

Yes...you're right. It show's the double standard of the people who FA jokes and not the standard of the TMF staff.

So why did the person who FA'd Joe's version (exact same) not FA the other/same?

But you're right...my example was not what this thread is about. Sorry.

Janny
So why did the person who FA'd Joe's version (exact same) not FA the other/same?

Could be the person only saw aj's version or it could be the person hates aj? You can't blame the person for the first reason. I don't know how TMF can handle the second reason. I do know TMF has taken action against chronic FAers in the past.

IF
.."I don't remember exactly when Joe's exact same joke was pulled, but as you can see this one is still there and Joe's got FA'd. Talk about double standards!

Janny

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26294682&bid=&sort=wh... "

----------------------------------------------------
Janny..what are you shooting my post down for??

I never FA'd anyone....plus I like AJ
I can't find the link (thank you search engine) but there was a post here that had one of those spoof motivational posters that made fun of what atheist choose to believe (or not believe if you wish).

In reply there was a post that linked to a very similar poster that made fun of christianity. That post was FA'd and removed pretty quickly.

I wasn't offended by either post, but I was offended that TMF decided that it wasn't OK to make fun of christians but that it was OK to make fun of atheist.

I know the OP that made fun of atheists was FA'd by many, and it was never removed.

Made it pretty clear to me that I'm just a second class citizen to TMF.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I recall how my children whined and wailed when they didn't get what they wanted.

Funny, every time a post gets FA'd I think back to how little kids like to tattle.
I can't find the link (thank you search engine) but there was a post here that had one of those spoof motivational posters that made fun of what atheist choose to believe (or not believe if you wish).

Do you mean this thread?

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24234341&bid=113431&sort=whole#24239433

J.P.
Do you mean this thread?

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24234341&bid=113431&sort=whole#24239433

Nope, although that is another good example.

The OP had something to do with making fun of christians for believing the virgin birth and dying for sins and the next one made fun of aethiest for thinking that everything just poofed into existance with no guiding help.

One was deleted and one wasn't.
For me, the ultimate in hypocrisy occurred when a post I made was FA'd for language, but the part found objectionable was in the quote from the OP - which still remained.

When TMF pulled the post, I mentioned this and asked why the OP wasn't pulled --- no answer.

BG