No. of Recommendations: 0
I am requesting help with a few SI Pro MI screens posted and updated here.
I recently started using SI Pro and have been trying to replicate some of the screens I have been looking at in the in Jamies Backtester site and Bill2m Ranking postings.
The two screens I have been looking at the most are the Up_5% and the PIH-naked screens.
I am able to duplicate the weekly results on Bill2m rankings pages for Up_5%, but not with Jamies backtest site.
For instance, for this screen from DrBob2’s 2004 post 158442 :
The Screen criteria for PIH-naked screen are:
1) Price > 10
2) Market Cap > 200
3) Average daily volume > 20K
4) 52-week return top 800
5) 26-week return top 400
6) 13-week return top 200
7) Sort by high (% Institutional Holdings * 4-wk return
for a five-stock monthly: . . .

I am trying to apply the following to SI Pro Screen Editor to reproduce the following:
Define {PIH_Naked}
Uses [SI Price] [SI Market Cap Q1] [SI Volume--Average Daily 10d] [SI Price Change 52 week] [SI Price Change 26 week] [SI Price Change 13 week] [SI Price Change 4 week] [SI Institutional Ownership %] . . . . .
Deblank [SI Price] [SI Market Cap Q1] [SI Volume--Average Daily 10d]
Keep :[SI Price]>10
Keep :[SI Market Cap Q1]>200
Keep :[SI Volume--Average Daily 10d]>20
Deblank [SI Price Change 52 week]
Sort Descending [SI Price Change 52 week]
Top :800 PlusTies
Deblank [SI Price Change 26 week]
Sort Descending [SI Price Change 26 week]
Top :400 PlusTies
Deblank [SI Price Change 13 week]
Sort Descending [SI Price Change 13 week]
Top :200 PlusTies
Deblank [SI Price Change 4 week] [SI Institutional Ownership %]
Keep :[SI Price Change 4 week]>0
Create [PIH4] :[SI Institutional Ownership %]*[SI Price Change 4 week]
Sort Descending [PIH4]
; Top :5
END
++++

I have entered into screen editor fields the following:
Price > 10
Market Cap Q1 > 200
Volume-Average Daily 10d > 20

This is where I am having problem continuing the editing process.
How does one go about in SI Pro doing the following? :
“Deblank” [SI price change 26 Week]
Then Sorting the Top:800 Plus Ties ,
Then deblanking [SI price change 13 Week]
Then sorting the Top:200 plus ties.
Etc , etc to the End.
Is this a process that requires creating multiple successive screens in SI Pro, or can this be done in one Screen Editor creation session ? .
I know this is a more “Advanced” SI Pro screen due to the multiple sorts, etc and would appreciate help from those with more experience in doing this.
I have been looking at the AAII SI software web site and have not been able to find this more advance screen creating information so far today.
If it is too hard to explain how to enter and perform the process with SI Pro on this txt msg board, I would be happy to provide my email address, so those with more experience could send me some actual Screen Shots of their SI-Pro Program “Screen Editor” Window with the above info so I could reproduce the screens with my software.

Thanks for any assistance with this, and sorry for the long msg.

Lester
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.