No. of Recommendations: 0
This may not be the best forum for this question, but here goes. I have already posted to Mandrakeexpert.com and am still waiting for an answer.

Ok, I expect lots of flame for being a Windows user, blah, blah, whatever. My problem is that I tried using Linux, it did not mesh with my system, and now I can't get rid of it. I installed Mandrake 7.2 using the lnx4win program that installs Linux in a Windows folder as disk images. It comes with an 'uninstall program' that consists of a DOS batch file. This deletes all of the Linux files, but leaves the OS selector (called GRUB) in the system. Once Linux has been removed, the GRUB ceases to function and I cannot boot my system. The only solution so far has been for me to manually delete the Linux files, leaving the GRUB files and folders alone. I still have to manually select 'Windows' each time I turn on my computer this way though. Kind of annoying. Did the Linux install put something in my BIOS that makes it boot to the GRUB? I can't find any way to bypass this. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, I am using Windows ME if that helps diagnosis any.
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.