Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
BF's mom sent out the official request for Xmas gifts for me, BF and the kids.

I can think of what the kids need. Me? Not so much.

So far it's baking dishes, a handheld vacuum for the stairs and gift certificates to Lowe's.

Lame-ish, really, and she'll want a longer list.

Any thoughts?

impolite
Print the post Back To Top
BF's mom sent out the official request for Xmas gifts for me, BF and the kids.

I can think of what the kids need. Me? Not so much.

So far it's baking dishes, a handheld vacuum for the stairs and gift certificates to Lowe's.

Lame-ish, really, and she'll want a longer list.

Any thoughts?

Gift certificates to Target so you can get some stuff for the house.

Gift certificates to ________ so you can get some clothes.

Find a book or two you'd like and put those on the list.

Put down a small vacation trip - like New England :)
No. of Recommendations: 2

Best handheld vac ever is the Dyson Root 6.  My sister got one from her daughter and showed me how it worked this summer.  Leaves Dustbusters in the dust. It's also got enough of a reputation that mom-in-common-law should feel it's a reasonable thing to give as a gift.

I would have gone and bought one in August, but textbooks and fall tuition for daughter are sucking up the slack in my cash flow and then some.  Maybe I'll find some spendable cash in November . . . or maybe not till February.  Sigh.  Kids are expensive.

Patzer
Gift certs for your favorite catalog/store, which you can't justify buying anything from under normal circumstances.

New hiking/camping toys, like an ice cream ball. :~D

Gift certificates for free babysitting so you & DBF can go out some night, including a gift cert to your favorite restaurant!

All I can think of at the moment...

StB.
I just got the same request from my SIL, who primarily wants to know what in the wide world of sports to buy DH since he is new to their christmas gift rotation.I told her umpteen gift certificates that we'd like, and then a few other little things that won't take up much space.  We have SO MUCH STUFF in our house right now that I hardly want to acquire anything else, but people will buy for us regardless so we are shooting for SMALL items.d
No. of Recommendations: 2
Why is it that people never believe ou when you say " I don't want anything"
No. of Recommendations: 1
Why is it that people never believe ou when you say " I don't want anything"

Last time I went home to Oz for Christmas, my sister asked me what I'd like as a present.  I said "memories:  photos of the family, things like that".  What I got was a 3 foot china doll! 

My first thought was "how the hell am I going to get this back to Britain!".  The answer is loads of bubble wrap and heavy duty packing tape.

The doll has never been unpacked.  It's in our loft waiting for the day when we construct/renevate our dining room so that I can put it on the bottom shelf of a glass display case.  (I wanted the case anyway to show off silverware.)

I can't sell it.  I can't give it away.  My sister is the sort who checks for things like that when she visits.

- Pam
No. of Recommendations: 3
I can't sell it.  I can't give it away.  My sister is the sort who checks for things like that when she visits.

Perhaps the doll could have an unfortunate accident.

No. of Recommendations: 1
Eventually, if you repeat this often enough, it sinks in.

peace & training
t