Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi,

You may know me from my previous positive posts on the NVDA board. I just wanted to say that I still am long and hard on Nvidia. I also wanted to say that I am still not worried about TDFX. Why? Well, if you go to pricewatch.com, you can look up the latest prices of 3D accelerator cards (video cards). Right now the GeForce2 is the fastest card you can buy, and the GeForce is the second fasttest and has been since October? Anyhow, here are a few of the prices listed:

GeForce2:

$299
$305
$305
$312
$312

GeForce:

$128
$129
$129
$131
$133
$135

These prices for the GeForce are making me think about upgrading.

And here are the prices of the new 3DFX chips, you know the great and powerful Voodoo 5000 and 6000.

Voodoo 5000:

Voodoo 6000:

Oops, I'm sorry, you can't buy those yet.
There must be some kinds of problems with something. Don't you think? I think I know what 3DFX's problem is, and its logo is green and blue.

El Seed

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Fellow investors,
I,m new to this game, still watching and waiting for the bears to leave the market, found nvda by accident, don'nt know much about computors but was shocked at the growth and financials. Do you think it can keep this up. My gut feeling is yeah. Could use any info or knowledge from past investors of the company. Thanks 0590
No. of Recommendations: 3
"GeForce2:

$299
$305
$305
$312
$312

[snip}

And here are the prices of the new 3DFX chips, you know the great and powerful Voodoo 5000 and 6000.

Voodoo 5000:

Voodoo 6000:

Oops, I'm sorry, you can't buy those yet."

Now, now, Mr Seed... you didn't really bother to look for them on Pricewatch did you? Or, did you use that wrong name (should be V5-5500) you have there?

You would have found the lonely listing of MicroXpress, at $308. (which has been there for many weeks now, as a pre-order) You probably would have also found the hit for a "V5-6000", which actually is a network switch with a coincidal name, not the vid card...

If you want a good deal on the V5-5500, check Onvia,
they will ship soon after the 6th (cards are shipping again) at $269, no tax, free shipping.. and if you go thru Tech Deals, there's another $25 off coupon deal.
So that makes it $244 and change, in about a week.
Not too shabby...

Just thought you'ld like to know.. :-)
"If you want a good deal on the V5-5500, check Onvia,
they will ship soon after the 6th (cards are shipping
again) at $269, no tax, free shipping.. and if you go thru Tech Deals, there's another $25 off coupon deal.
So that makes it $244 and change, in about a week.
Not too shabby..."

Ack!! Mea Culpa!! Doh!!!

Allow me to change that date to the 9th... that's the official date for stores to start selling. So, about a make that a week and a half.

After all, we want to keep those facts straight..
JonPike,

------------
Now, now, Mr Seed... you didn't really bother to look for them on Pricewatch did you? Or, did you use that wrong name (should be V5-5500) you have there?
-------------

In fact I did look for the V5-5500. I don't consider a pre-order a valid metric. I can actually get a GeForce2 in a week if I want it. Who knows when the Vodoo V5-5500 will be available. Maybe 3DFX will postpone it again due to driver problems or chip problems.

They have done it once already, would it really surprise you if they did it again. Thank you for keeping me honest. I should have been more clear in my original posting. If you do ever get a new vodoo, let me know how it handles.

I always am on the lookout for stiff competition for NVDA - my favorite stock and graphics chip company.

El Seed.