Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 17
Gee, maybe Bannon shouldn't have shot off his mouth -- “All hell is going to break loose tomorrow.” --about being at a January 5 Trump planning meeting targeted at overthrowing democracy and destroying the Biden presidency.

The select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol on Thursday subpoenaed four of President Donald J. Trump’s closest allies, ramping up its scrutiny of what the former president was doing during the deadly riot.

The committee issued subpoenas for information from Mark Meadows, a former White House chief of staff; Daniel Scavino Jr., a former deputy chief of staff; Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s former adviser; and Kash Patel, a former Pentagon chief of staff.

The committee is seeking records and deposition appearances.

I can smell the sweat from here.

Previous pardons do not apply.

Pass the popcorn, please.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/09/23/us/politics-news
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Still saving my applause.

How about they get out arrest warrants for Rudy and Junior while pursuing enforcing those subpoenas?

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 10
Still saving my applause.

Yep. Don't get me wrong - issuing subpoenas is a good step. But there's still a long way to go. An attempt to block some or all of the subpoenas is not going to surprise me. Those subpoenaed can slow walk the responses. Then the committee (OK - their staff) needs to read the documents. Then comes depositions and/or testimony.

In the mean time, the wheels sure seem to be turning slowly. The committee was formed almost 3 months ago. And they're just getting around to issuing subpoenas for documents and testimony from those who were in the room where it happened?

--Peter <== impatient at the moment
No. of Recommendations: 0
If the Senate and House go back to GOP in 2022 this will all go away. : (
No. of Recommendations: 5
Subpoenas are only worthwhile if they intend to enforce them with legal action for non-compliance.

The last time the House subpoenaed a Trumpee, it was ignored and the House did nothing.