Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Here is a question continuing the thread on deductibility of health care expenses.
What if a jointly filing couple has one person who is self-employed and one who is employed with 60% of health insurance premiums covered. Could the self-employed person claim the remainder, the out of pocket expenses for the family's health insurance, as a deductible business expense. I think the answer is negative, but would appreciate the opinions here.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.