Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Here is the problem though its not transparent I couldn't find how much credits a particular items cost, it appears from the boards it may be $15 a mech... WOW...

This is what almost all non-WoW and non-Guild Wars MMOs are doing. I played Star Trek Online for a few months earlier this year and things cost a LOT. New ships were $15-25, special uniforms could be $10, etc.

Even more devious, some ships you can only get as random drops from chests, and to open chests you have to pay real money for keys. So people may not really be able to keep track of how much they're spending trying to get some fancy ship when they're going for it a dollar at a time.

I guess the model is to hook people, and the real fans will pay $15+ for one ship/mech/item. Others will only pay small amounts, but may impulse buy a few bucks here and there til it adds up to quite a lot.

I play ST:O for about 150 hours and I think I spent about $10 upgrading the size of my inventory and bank. But I'm fairly disciplined about things like that...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.