No. of Recommendations: 7
Here's a series of Tweets from Amrita Ahuja, Square's new CFO about why she's excited to join SQ:

Link: https://twitter.com/AmritaAhuja/status/1081096387092045824

"Square has a purpose that I feel to my core: My parents are the small business owners for whom Square advocates."

Kinda confirms the small biz, niche market idea we talked about. Not necessarily a bad thing, this could be a HUGE market. But definitely something to think about if/when a recession hits.

I cut out a bunch of Tweets where she talked about her parents migrating and starting a business. Relates to her passion, but not necessarily the thesis for investing (or not) in Square.

Here's what I found to be, the most important thought from her on her vision for Square.

"And today I imagine what Square could have done for them: enabling more customers to join and pay in a timely manner, helping my parents better manage cash flows, and making it easier for them to market and expand their business, and communicate with customers. Perhaps with Square, my parents could have had a night off once in a while or slept a bit easier."

"So thank you, Square team, for your work advocating for people who often get lost in the system. As I step into this role and join you all, I plan to be laser-focused on these people – our customers – and I’m excited to roll up my sleeves and get to work."

It brings us back to the question of not just how BIG is their TAM, but how profitable and reliable will the revenue be coming from their merchants?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.