Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Here's my favorite chicken noodle soup recipe. It's super easy and is ready in less than an hour. Might be the cheater's way, but I like it and it gets rave reviews.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 med. garlic clove, finely chopped
4 cups chicken broth or stock (I make it from boullion granules)
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 med. bay leaf
1 cup medium egg noodles (heaping if you like lots of noodles)
2 cups bite-sized pieces of cooked chicken
Salt and pepper to taste.

In a large pot (dutch oven or so size), heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring frequenly, for 5 to 7 minutes until veggies are tender.

Add the chicken broth, tomatoes with juice, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.

Stir in the noodles and cook for 7 minutes.

Add the chicken and cook until chicken is heated through. Remove bay leaf before serving. Makes 4-6 servings.

I also will sometimes add a good dollop of green chile or a dash of crushed red pepper if I want to kick it up a notch. I keep leftover cooked chicken in the freezer so making this soup can be done pretty much on the spur of the moment.

Hope you enjoy it!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.