Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey, I need some relief from all this political and financial mess. Talk to me, man. Lost the election, stock is down, and I got a bad cold, given to me by my little baby niece....she sneezed into my face 10 times during dinner this weekend. LOL.....I need a sports tangent!

How's the town thinking about the next big game? Chicago and Houston both 7-1. Some say this is a preview of the SuperBowl matchup!!

How are you guys feeling? I know you've been less than excited about the Bears, but you guys are 7-1.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey, I need some relief from all this political and financial mess. Talk to me, man. Lost the election, stock is down, and I got a bad cold, given to me by my little baby niece....she sneezed into my face 10 times during dinner this weekend. LOL.....I need a sports tangent!

How's the town thinking about the next big game? Chicago and Houston both 7-1. Some say this is a preview of the SuperBowl matchup!!

How are you guys feeling? I know you've been less than excited about the Bears, but you guys are 7-1.
----------------------------------------------------
I don't have any special insights to the game or anything. I'm not a sports radio/fantasy football person, but, i do know the Bears have been lucky with the schedule, the one really good team they played they got spanked (Packers). Now their schedule gets tough, and their offensive line just absolutely sucks, especially the outside protection of Carimi and Webb. My guess is Watt is going to have a field day with those guys. If Watt and the gang get pressure early i think Cutler will go into his pouty girliewood routine and start throwing interceptions. My hope is that the Bears try to establish the run early to take the heat off the pass rush, and then do some play-action passing, nothing too long where you'd need alot of protection. As far as the defense goes we're pretty solid, Tillman and Jennings are top notch, Urlacher and Briggs are beasts. Last game i didn't think the pass rush put on enough pressure, i think they're suspect there, Peppers doesn't seem like his regular beast self, he may be nursing something. The safeties are....meh. I also heard word that Tillman's wife is expecting and he could possibly miss the game, Facebook rumor, so take that with a mountain of salt. Bears need to create turnovers to win, if your boys play it conservative on offense i think you have a very good shot.
I don't have any special insights to the game or anything. I'm not a sports radio/fantasy football person,

You say that, but then rattle off some very good analysis. Don't sell yourself short. That was good. BTW, Houston's only loss this year was to Green Bay....man, they really smoked us and made us look bad.

Thanks for the write up. I would have had no idea about what to expect. Damn, I got a Sleep Apnea thingy scheduled for Sunday Night (they connect all sorts of electrodes to your body and head))....obviously I need to reschedule it so I can watch the game.

Good luck in the game.
How's the town thinking about the next big game?

I'm thinking Superior's chances are good, their opponent this weekend beat them during the regular season but only by 2 points.

The championship game the following weekend, though... their likely opponent is playing this weekend against the same team they SHUT OUT at the beginning of the season. Think about that: a team good enough to be in the semifinal round of the playoffs... and then the team that shut them out.
Talk to me, man. Lost the election, stock is down, and I got a bad cold, given to me by my little baby niece....she sneezed into my face 10 times during dinner this weekend. LOL.....I need a sports tangent!

The town? Which town? If you want to talk sports, how about mentioning the Niners, Raiders, Chargers, L.A. Rams and Seahawks at least once in a while? As far as I'm concerned, everything between Lake Tahoe and Spain is flyover country.

--fleg
Speaking of Football, i think NIU will be ranked next week. Toledo was the MAC representative at number 25 but they got upset by Ball State.

Huck'em Fuskies!
The town? Which town? If you want to talk sports, how about mentioning the Niners, Raiders, Chargers, L.A. Rams and Seahawks at least once in a while? As far as I'm concerned, everything between Lake Tahoe and Spain is flyover country.

--fleg

My God, I'm getting scared.....Fleg has turned not only into a sports monster.....he's now a sports Behemoth!! A sports Mammoth!

He wants geographical coverage that I can't provide!! The man is beast out for blood!

Fleg, I can't do West Coast, but I'll try to fulfill your football fix by posting more Lions stuff.
I'll try to fulfill your football fix by posting more Lions stuff.

Are the Lions anything like the Rotary?

--fleg
sigh...nobody talks about the cowboys anymore. I guess they are not even worthy enough to hate. <grin>

Nobody rec'd my suicide joke yesterday. Did any of you get it?

FYI, Big Tex was the 30 or 40 foot tall attraction at the Texas State Fair, a fixture for decades. An electrical failure caused him to catch on fire and in a spwctacular show, burn to the ground rather quickly.

decath
sigh...nobody talks about the cowboys anymore. I guess they are not even worthy enough to hate. <grin>

Don't worry. I still hate them.
nobody talks about the cowboys anymore.

I stopped talking about the Cowboys when Jimmy Johnson's ads for ExtenZe stopped airing.

Now I talk about the Redskins, thanks to Joe Thiesmann's TV ads for Super Beta Prostate.

--fleg
Nobody rec'd my suicide joke yesterday. Did any of you get it?

FYI, Big Tex was the 30 or 40 foot tall attraction at the Texas State Fair, a fixture for decades. An electrical failure caused him to catch on fire and in a spwctacular show, burn to the ground rather quickly.

decath

I definitely got it. My phone light up like a X-mas tree when it happened. I've walked by Big Tex many a times during the fairs. Feel really bad it's gone.