Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey, Anurag,

I've bailed on my GLIBA and LBRDA/K positions in the last couple months, following the run-up over the last 12-14 months or so and given my concerns about peaking economic growth. CHTR is up around 50% from its lows, a striking move given how well followed the stock is, Malone, etc. I suspect that the next 50% won't come quite so quickly.

As for GLIBA, is there anything that's really going to change the massive valuation disconnect except through some kind of transaction that collapses CHTR/LBRD/GLIB? Sure, you've got upside if CHTR keeps performing but the real built-in value is not all that accessible until Malone snaps his fingers. (It's a similar situation at LSXM, except there you have at least some gauge on when things might change, when LSXM owns 90% of SIRI stock and can do a short-form merger). But at GLIB, it could happen any day, I suppose.

Could they still be trying to get VZ to bite here? Rutledge had a huge slug of equity that became valuable in the mid-$500s.

In any case, is it silly to continue holding on? Hardly. CHTR is a great business and it's just getting better as they're attracting more customers who then lock in for years. I'm a CHTR customer and pay a ridiculous $45 a month for 400mb service. They're going to be able to raise prices on me for a long time.

Some two cents

Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.