No. of Recommendations: 2
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"I literally had the feeling that I was everywhere in the universe simultaneously." - excerpt from Mark Horton's NDE, http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html#zine
No. of Recommendations: 1
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap071216.html
-----

Hey! I'll be danged if'n that ain't Russell's Teapot!

ten
No. of Recommendations: 9
"I literally had the feeling that I was everywhere in the universe simultaneously." - excerpt from Mark Horton's NDE

Can't argue with that. When the brain is starved of oxygen, and starts dying from front to back, the last thing people experience is visions of bright, calming light. Happens to test pilots and others, too.

But a feeling is different from a fact. For instance, if these people had in fact been floating above themselves, they would have noticed signage and lights placed for their benefit.

Nobody ever has.

Nobody ever has.
Can't argue with that. When the brain is starved of oxygen, and starts dying from front to back, the last thing people experience is visions of bright, calming light. Happens to test pilots and others, too.

But a feeling is different from a fact. For instance, if these people had in fact been floating above themselves, they would have noticed signage and lights placed for their benefit.

Nobody ever has. Nobody ever has. COJones100

Pelotas, your post has absolutely nothing to do with why it is that people who have NDE's come back and make statements that parallel the holographic universe. They corroborate one another.

Near Death Experience: A Holographic Explanation (Paperback)
by Oswald G., Ph.d. Harding (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Near-Death-Experience-Holographic-Explanation/dp/9768202092/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197939172&sr=1-1

- Art
For instance, if these people had in fact been floating above themselves, they would have noticed signage and lights placed for their benefit. Nobody ever has. - pelotas
---------------------------------------------

Whatever the soul focuses attention on is what it experiences. I doubt when you die that the soul will be focused on looking for signs.

The voice inside your head is not the soul.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 3
Of course, it has everything to do with why it is that people have "NDE"s and can't describe the room they saw themselves floating around in. Oh, look! Name-calling! The hallmark of someone losing an argument.

Thank you for that, Arie. A more mature, reasoned response might have actually convinced someone reading your posts for the first time that, oh, I don't know… you actually had a clue or something.

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/jul/extreme-states/article_view?b_start:int=1&-C=

Out-of-body experiences? Near-death experiences? Researchers are beginning to understand what's really going on.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Whatever the soul focuses attention on is what it experiences. I doubt when you die that the soul will be focused on looking for signs.

The voice inside your head is not the soul.

Look, Art, or Arie or whatever you go by, I'm not the guy who claimed people floated above themselves and watched their doctors at work. So it is not incumbent upon me to explain how it was they could identify themselves, their doctors, all of the various medical equipment in the room—but not see that the tops of all of the cabinets were Orange, and that one had a blinking sign saying "Ice Cream!" that they somehow missed. If they were indeed floating at just above eye level to their surgeons and if they had been able to see themselves and the surgical team, you know that they would have noticed such a detail.

But they don't. Nobody has ever reported it. It keeps you up nights, grinding off molar enamel because you know what I say is true: Nobody who has ever come back has read the signs. They just feel good about their little trip, is all.
But they don't. Nobody has ever reported it. It keeps you up nights, grinding off molar enamel because you know what I say is true: Nobody who has ever come back has read the signs. They just feel good about their little trip, is all. - pelotas
------------------------------------------

I used pelotas because the motely food accepts it and rejects the other, and since they both mean the same thing I figured it wouldn't matter to you. They are synonyms. It had nothing to do with name calling and everything to do with the MF filter.

Still no answer about the parallels and corroboration between near death experiences and the holographic universe. Dr. Kenneth Ring has a chapter about it in his book Life At Death and Dr. Melvin Morse devotes several pages to it in his book Where God Lives. I could give you a list of numerous people with PhD & MD degrees who believe life after death is worth investigating.

By the way, Science is a method not a position. Science is not a religion with a set doctrine. It's a way of investigating and finding out truth. Nothing is set in stone. This Universe is dodgy from it's largest to it's smallest parts. There is an article in the Phi Beta Kappa journal, A New Theory of the Universe, The American Scholar By Robert Lanza. http://www.theamericanscholar.org/archives/sp07/newtheory-lanza.html

Art
Good link + bad attitude = no rec.

Lighten up on Art, ok?

Vickifool
Funny how a semi innocent post gets all in a twist.

The thing is whatever any individual sees as their peculiar reality, is in fact their reality & ought be at the least honored as their choice,

This whether one agrees with it or not. This is the avenue toward discussion.

Ok, carry on.
Lighten up on Art, ok?

Thanks, but no. There's nothing about left-of-center people retiring early that has anything to do with his belief, his faith, that he has stumbled upon The Truth.

It was barely tolerable on the atheist board, but at least there it had a tenuous link to the topic at hand.

I'm sorry you don't like my attitude, Vicki, but that doesn't change things. Art, or Arie, or whatever he wants to be known as puts a lot of stock in people with letters behind their names, and in people who can type. But he's stuck in a rut and only wants to keep going over the same material again and again and again. He can't explain why people don't see the signs and colors so he just ignores it and goes on, calling-up the ISBN of another book that tells the same story.

Pilots measure things in hours. There isn't an odometer in an airplane, there is an hour meter. They log the hours they fly, not the miles they flew. Some pilots go to the airport every weekend and shoot touch-and-go landings over and over. They get good at landing and taking off. Others fly to a town they've never been to and see if they can find it, then find their way home. They fly in places where the landscape is laid out in North-South, East-West section lines one mile apart, and they fly on vacation when they go to Hawaii or Colorado. They get a lot of experience, flying different places in different weather and different times of day, even. Empty airplane, full airplane. High altitude, low altitude.

It's rare that an airline hires a guy with 500 hours of touch and go landings, over someone who has been all over and done many different things in many different ways with an airplane. The saying is "Ted had five hundred hours, while Wally had the same hour, five hundred times".

That's Art's (let's call him Art) story. He's read a book. He's read another book just like it. Now, you or I would read the third book and start to get bored but Art reads that third book as confirmation of the first two. Toss in some hairbrained theory nobody takes seriously, add a dash of alphabet behind the names and he thinks he's getting the revealed Truth from experts. They must be experts—they've written books! And the books agree with every other book on the subject, so they must be right!

If someone comes back from one of these episodes and says "You know, it's the damnedest thing. When I was floating above myself and looking down, I noticed all of these disco lights on the tops of the cabinets!" I'll start to believe he's on the right track. Until then, I have a scientific explanation that works and I don't mind flinging it at him, yes, like a monkey, every time he comes in here and drops his "Holographic Universe" Near-Death Experience crap.

And you can keep your rec, thanks.
No. of Recommendations: 7
"It was barely tolerable on the atheist board, but at least there it had a tenuous link to the topic at hand."

This thread started with a post specifically addressed to Art ( probably out of some
affection or teasing or other form of good feeling ) that showed a picture called The Holographic Principle. Seems to me Art was entitled to his response.

V.
This thread started with a post specifically addressed to Art ( probably out of some affection or teasing or other form of good feeling ) that showed a picture called The Holographic Principle. Seems to me Art was entitled to his response. - amuseing
----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I appreciate you sticking up for me. One day we'll see who was right and then we'll all have a good laugh about it.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 4
<<Lighten up on Art, ok?

Thanks, but no. There's nothing about left-of-center people retiring early that has anything to do with his belief, his faith, that he has stumbled upon The Truth.

It was barely tolerable on the atheist board, but at least there it had a tenuous link to the topic at hand.
>>

You guys should be glad I son't serve up my classic rants on marriage, the child support racket, the Supreme Court or any of several others.

If I did, you'd appreciate Art's posts a lot more.

Seattle Pioneer
One day we'll see who was right and then we'll all have a good laugh about it.

One day we will see who was right, but by then we won't be able to have a good laugh about it.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have a scientific explanation that works and I don't mind flinging it at him, yes, like a monkey, every time he comes in here and drops his "Holographic Universe" Near-Death Experience crap.
And you can keep your rec, thanks.

-----

Wow... tough day in the mines?
Not particularly. You?