Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Hey awallejr.  The best chance to buy everything was during the great crash ;).  AL is a tad on the expensive side, but that will look a lot better voer the next two years with the huge number of commitments that it already has from major airlines to lease from it.

No BDCs for me.  That's some scary stuff.  Did you read "Fooling Some of the People All The Time?"  I absolutely love the concept of BDCs, but there has been so many shenanigans in the sector.

Thought that you might find my latest pitch interesting: 

"PVR was absolutely hammered by after its recent earnings release, perhaps rightfully so its results were fairly weak.  Having said that, I don't think that the market fully appreciates the company's ongoing transition from heavy dependence on royalties from coal towards a more fee-dependent mid-stream pipeline and processing company.  As its coal business continues to wind down and its new mid-stream projects come on-line PVR will have much more steady cash flow.  That's not to say thatthe company will be completely insulated from weakness in the natural gas market, ultimately low gas prices put the brakes on drilling and impact PVR's volumes negatively.  It's still a whole heck of a lot better than coal and the company's stock price will likely reflect the change at some point in the future.

With a 10% distribution after its recent hike, it looks as though PVR will be able to cover for now.  However, if nat gas prices take a turn for the worse I wouldn't be surprised if the distribution needed to be cut.

I like companies with stories like PVR's change in business model.  Kudos to awallejr for initially bringing this one to my attention."

Deej

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.