No. of Recommendations: 4
Hey, bkgrrrl, love the board!

You said in a previous post that Lamont's mother:

never a mention of anything for herself. She had obviously worked very hard to create a warm and cozy home for him. I know (from reading her Santa letter) that she works hard as a waitress, and has sole responsibility for Lamont.

Just a thought, but maybe send a gift certificate (I'd chime in on this one!) around the middle of the year. It seemslike Lamont will be growing quickly, and he'll wear his clothes out before she knows it! Christmas won't be here fast enough before then.

As an aside.......

My main problem with our society (not here, of course!)is that they think about themselves, until it comes around to a special time of year, such as the holidays, or if it involves a sick child. THEN they suddenly pitch in and give what they can.

I think it's great that this board is here, because it gives us all a chance to remember that those who were in need at Christmas still need our help for their lives to get better. Let's not forget about them when it's 100 degrees outside, instead of 10 degrees.

Just a suggestion, but maybe we should do a "Christmas in July?"

Heather
(trying to get enough money to help year round!)

Oh, by the way, I haven't been able to help people out recently, but that WILL change!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.