Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Hey chili! Too long, no talk.

Yes, my permanent residence is in Mexico, but husband has annual concert gigs in Europe and I go along and do sound engineering.

We lived in Barcelona, and then in the town of Soller on Mallorca, during most of the W Bush administration. Each Spring husband is booked hither and tither from Stockholm to Spain, some acting but mostly singing, and so we take up residence in our old house in Soller, which is rented out the rest of the year (Summer rentals now pay all costs of the house for a year). Palma Mallorca airport is a key hub of the European tourist industry, and so he can get cheap convenient flights to just about anywhere quickly.

But no garden! We rely on friends who let me scavenge their fields, and on the good local markets. I miss Mallorca when in Mexico, but not like I miss Mexico when in Mallorca. I always miss California, but my California is now too expensive and trampled for this frugal adventurer. I go back to kiss Mom and climb and ski with old friends who both put me up and put up with me.

;-)

david fb
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.