No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Cliff, sorry we didn't meet. I didn't have car, and was shuffled around by a relative and also by people I didn't know very well. We had activities pretty much packed through the several days.

I may head out there again later in the fall. I'll plan it better next time so we can meet. I actually bought my plane ticket 2 days in advance - shocked me when $340 came up. So I bought it on the spot.

On the way home, I flew from Orange County to Dallas by way of Atlanta...yeah, crazy route. Unfortunately, there were thunderstorms in Atlanta by the time we got there, so we flew back and landed in Huntsville Alabama for refueling. Sat there for 3 hours. I sat on the plane for about 8-9 hours before de-boarding in Atlanta around midnight (left Orange county at 1 PM). Of course, I missed by connection flight to Dallas. No other flight....too late. So I slept on the hard ground of the Atlanta airport along with a couple of hundred other unfortunate passengers. Slept all of 30 minutes. Flew to Dallas at 7 AM. Took the hardest nap ever on the flight to Dallas. Then slept all day today.

Had fun in LA. Did the Tonight Show w/ Leno, went to several beaches, took a tour of Forever Cemetary. A bit creepy...their tombstones had their etched photos! Universal Studios, Newport Beach, Griffith Observatory, Santa Monica area....and several other stuff.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.