Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Hey Cool,
Have I ever said I knew it all? About half of my posts usually have some disclaimer saying that what I post is only my thoughts and my experience. Also I have never claimed to be a broker, not sure how you made that correlation. In fact I have worked hard to present the middle of the road on this stock. I like it when it has a good value, I hate it when it runs amok.

I invest in everything from REIT's to speculative technologies. I have made money and I have lost some money. But I am ahead of the game...not as far as some, but further than indexing. I don't shoot the moon, and I don't cringe in the corner.

But, the majority of my posts here on SIRI do seem to have the same theme, caution. The reason is that there are people that read this board for an education...if all they see is people saying things like.."This is going to the moon, invest all your money 'cause I said so.", how are they going to learn anything. If you want to generate conversation...you have to post something with content. If you want to cheerlead...go to Yahoo.

I looked through your posts...16. Here and on Krispy Kreme. Not sure your experience in the world of investing is all that well rounded.

As for rubbing it in, did you really mean that to sound as childish as it does? If I lose money, I admit it. If I make money, I explain how I did it. I have NEVER rubbed it in, nor have I been ashamed of a bad call.

Lastly, I will hang around as long as this stock keeps my attention. If I find a better stock for my money in two years...I may move on. If this stock manages to find a permenent place in my ROTH then I will stay.

Buffy (who is no guru, but is reasonably pessimistic...)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.