Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey Diane,

I too have been watching volcom for a while. While the recent slowing within the retail sector might be a drag on the company, in the long run I think volcom is a winner. Its obvious that todays market requires investors to be very selective (its not like you can go gobbling up every .com like in the 90's and expect to make money). That being said, I think volcom is one of those unique selections that will continue to appeal to its core audience and will continue to grow its brand world wide. Like you said, the company has a fair amount of cash and I think that puts them in a great position to weather any coming storm. A PEG ratio of .59 is very attractive, but if growth does slow, that PEG might expand. However, even at a PEG of 1 I still think this company is worth investing in. I have started a small position myself and look to purchase more on any major pullbacks.

-Marcus
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.