Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey DJ-
I suppose it depends on how you define capitulation. I would urge you to go to Yahoo Finance and look at historical prices. You'll see a pattern after the March 2011 attack that is (possibly) repeating itself. Off the $30 high, it was in August that it bottomed in the 14s. That's five full months. EBIX revisited those lows in September and October before beginning to recover.

I'll save you some time
High the date of the 2011 short attack; $30.50
Close at the end of the week; $23.48; Down 23%
Close eight weeks later; $20.35; down another 13%

October short attack Daily High; 22.61
End of week close; $17.89; down 21%
Close Dec 31; 16.33; down another 9%

I'll get back to this when I get a little more time, probably this weekend. I've been wringing what I can from the two short attacks and rebuttals. I'll tell you in advance that there is little real clarity, and it has serious consequences for the ongoing valuation of the shares. Take a good long look at those historical prices; they happened in a general context of good news. If the pattern repeats, from our $23-ish high, we'll see a return to the $11s...in the context of typically good news. Batten the hatches if there is any bad news. If you buy at the current bargain price of $16.50 and EBIX sinks to $11, you may be reading about EBIX's excellent recovery, up 50% (to $16.50). See the ZIP board for similar commentary.

-Randy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.