Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey, docrobot, how's it going today? I mean really.

Perhaps you're new to the Speed Channel and it's recent change of priorities, so let me help you: Add up all the hours of coverage of FIA GT, ELMS, Porsche Supercup, BTCC, Australian Supercars, Japanese Touring Car, F3000; you know, stuff they used to carry, and you get zero. On Monday alone, Speed had 7 NASCAR shows, and none were the Cup race, Busch race, or Pick-up race.

Personally, I find most "european style" racing ends too quickly for my liking.

Speed used to show all 60 hours of Le Mans, Sebring and Daytona. Hell, those guys at Pocono gave it up after about 3 hours or so.

BTW, if you watched a few NASCAR races you might actually like it, or is that too scarey to consider.

From 1984 to 1995, I didn't know any other racing existed besisdes NASCAR. I guess I've just moved on to other things that interst me more.

You really don't need screaming 15,000 rpm engines, digital steering wheel tachs, and "sneeze and it'll break" race cars for a good, interesting race!

Good point. Some race series use screaming 8,000 rpm engines, iron steering wheels, and cars so tough that even after the driver gets killed, y'all can still git that thang out on th' track to git s'more points.

Hey, watch what you want. I sure can't argue with numbers; folks just love that roundy-round NASCAR. But just because I'm bored to tears by cookie-cutter, carburated, pushrod commercials that only trun left is no reason to get pissy.

I'm a Mensa Member and NASCAR is not too low brow for me

Cripes, I'll watch the diesel tractors lap road courses. Please don't tell my my ascot/Champagne friends about that. Also, thanks for making all those presumptions about me, and what I like, and, jeez, congratulations on the Mensa thing.

5Speed, begging Murdoch for coverage of Goodwood.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.