Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hey DoppelerEffect,

I think you should see a doctor. I strongly recommend a psychiatrist trained in these areas and not just a general md.

I think you might be generalizing and projecting some issues onto other parts of your life. I know there is this tendency when a person is depressed. You focus on all the negative in your life instead of proper evaluations.

If you have meds to control the depression and anxiety then you can start to think logically about what is actually wrong with parts of your life. You can then begin to address real issues in your life.

You may find that your history of depression and anxiety has caused some deeper issues of self worth and difficulty having a positive outlook on life even when the depression and anxiety is under control. This could require a bit of reprogramming your mind to think differently.

Please see a doctor.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.