Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I remember a while back you put up your dividend yield approach portfolio which would return some crazy amount.It included TECO and MO.I realize you were kidding,but what would it have returned if you actually bought those stocks and held them for the year and how many cut the dividend or went broke? Just curious.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
2828 asks:
I remember a while back you put up your dividend yield approach portfolio which would return some crazy amount.It included TECO and MO.I realize you were kidding,but what would it have returned if you actually bought those stocks and held them for the year and how many cut the dividend or went broke? Just curious.

I don't know. I never tracked the results of that very high-yield 10 stock portfolio. I just asked the marketguide.com database to give me the ten highest dividend yielding stocks and listed them.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know. I never tracked the results of that very high-yield 10 stock portfolio. I just asked the marketguide.com database to give me the ten highest dividend yielding stocks and listed them.

I have a somewhat similar strategy - but first it looks for growing businesses (revenues, profits, and dividends) and then OF THOSE picks the highest yield.