Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
hey gp,

thanks for all the research! Found yet another article I haven't seen before, about a year old but not bad:

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/20000214/news/current/analyst.htx?dist=pf

My cousin is getting married this year. I asked his fiancee if she was using the internet to help plan the wedding, and she said she went to the Knot every day! (I didn't mention any specific website, she brought it up herself).

I bet Liu is kicking himself for not buying the domain name "weddings.com." Even if you don't use the name for your business, a lot of people will type that in and go where it takes them. At a minimum, you can keep your competitors from using it. I like that he doesn't waste money, but that wouldn't have been a waste, in my opinion.

trying to find info. on weddingpages suit / mediation really tough - even law sites / NY state court home pages reveal nothing.

I've been trying to find out some information on the lawsuit, too, no luck. I assume they are still in mediation. The Alliance deadline has come and gone and the franchisees are still on the website. You can get a "weddingpages" planner on the website. Hopefully they are working it out, mediation is a good sign in my opinion.

if (when!) KNOT holds on till profitability, we can pat ourselves on the heads for being there early. Life is a risk, so an occasional one taken, like here, might be worth it.

totally agree, I see the Knot as a 100-bagger from here(around $80) if we don't go bankrupt first. I think we'll make it, but if we don't, c'est la vie. Good luck with your investments!

Taylor
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.