No. of Recommendations: 0
hey I had a shih-tzu that the guys at work said was hanging around a few days. Hair was all matted and hanging in the eyes, it's a wonder the girl could see and she crossed over a very busy 3 lane highway to get to our place. I took her home, cleaned her up and cut her hair. I had several dogs at home and she wanted nothing to do with them. She'd go for their neck and wouldn't let go. I took a rolled up newspaper and hit her neck and head and pulled on her collar to get her off my dog.....gosh, that was frightening but I understood the gripping power of those jaws. My dogs were alright and I was careful to not let them mingle after that. One on one, she was a sweetie pie...she was a 1 dog only family dog.

It was clear that I couldn't keep her so after not getting a response from a Found Dog ad, I put the word out that I had a Shih Tzu available for a 1 dog family home. A woman called who had just recently had her little Shih Tzu put to sleep and I went over and checked things out and she got the dog.

LuckyDog
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.