Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey,

I'm a new investing student too. So far, I've found that when trading very little, all that really matters is minimizing comission. Some of the more expensive discount brokers probably have better research advice and vehicles--but you have the Motley Fool and the rest of the internet at your disposal.

I'm using Ameritrade. I have heard a million complaints about it, but the complaints are all in regard to trying to sell a million shares in a nanosecond, and very specific personalized requests. I have been very happy with Ameritrade: every time I call them with a very specific question they have gone beyond the call of duty in trying to answer my questions. Maybe it is because I'm nice to them?

If you're just going to be investing and moving funds here and there, probably any of the internet brokers should float your boat; I can't imagine the trading process differs much from one to the other.

-etan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.