Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 16
Hey Joe,

I understand that this type of article is designed to sell newspapers. But my idealistic mind tells me that its forums like Motely Fool that have the best chance of going at this type of shoddy journalism and get some decent facts out there into the public domain. Perhaps its a futile attempt, but I had nothing else to do for a couple hours this hot and muggy Saturday....

Seriously, with the internet era, I suspect that there is going to be a hell of alot of new pressure on publications such as Barron's to find the best journalists, do the best research and write the best articles. There are too many other mediums for people to go too to get their information.

In my mind, if I reached one investor that might otherwise made a stupid investment decision based on the Donlan Barron's article and made that person do alittle deeper thinking about what new information they were being provided, then it was worth my time.

Good luck.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.