Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey John, I agree that the value of the net in medicine has huge potential. Having said that, I agree with the contention that there is no substitute for the 'live' interview. I believe some of the greatest value of the internet will be realized in terms of moving information from one office to the next.

I shudder at the prospect of a radiologist diagnosing a patient based on an image produced and transmitted over the web. Imagine if a faulty graphics card facilitates a misdiagnosis. Or an image is corrupted on the transfer, providing the impetus for more extensive and unnecessary tests. There is no doubt that here in America, HMO's will seize the opportunity as a cost saving measure. It will continue to threaten the Doctor/Patient relationship and perpetuate medical practice that is not concerned primarily with the patient.

Good medicine requires technological breakthrough, one on one interaction, and yes it is expensive.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.