Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 23
Hey Mekong,

Glad you made money but with all due respect I find this post bewildering.

This is a company in the middle of a long and complex transition, who just lost their founder/CEO, whose bench is so weak they need to put a search committee in place to find a new CEO, the workers are rattled by the loss of their leader, they're growing revenue in single digits, they needed a big infusion from a voracious venture capital company, and are likely to be sold (limiting upside), and the stock price has essentially been cut in half since it came to the board's attention.

And all this while we have a have a small army of companies crushing their various categories, growing at historic rates, with skyrocketing stock prices, who have tech that our finest tech minds rave about, financials that our board's financial analysts are in awe of - but Nutanix is your top holding? Also, your success is due to options on a value investing play, two things not covered on this board.

That you hit a homer is awesome - more power to you, but seems to me Nutanix is doing so poorly they agreed to dump their popular founder/CEO in order to secure desperately needed financing. As far as stories go this one has more holes than a donut factory. Nutanix is the Washington Redskins of SID stocks. And as far as Bert's analysis, I think he's much better at tech analysis than stock picking.

Best,

BD
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.