Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I recall that we both live in Northern VA.

I'll be moving soon to Fairfax.

Do you know if there is good dumpster diving at GMU?

Would the school tell a person when the last day is that students have to vacate the dorms?

Ever dived there?

THanks HR
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I recall that we both live in Northern VA.

I'll be moving soon to Fairfax.

Yippee! Got any details you want to share?

Do you know if there is good dumpster diving at GMU?

I haven't dived there, but it's a college community. There has to be good diving there. You just have to know where to look.

I'll ask my son, iampunha. He used to go to GMU, and I taught him everything I know about diving. He wanted to learn, too. ;-)

Would the school tell a person when the last day is that students have to vacate the dorms?

Probably not. But you can check www.gmu.edu and make an educated guess.

Want a diving partner? I live about 20 minutes from GMU. From what I hear about college dorms, it'd be a good dive after the students leave. And diving always goes better with a partner, right? :-)

phantomdiver
You can probably look up the academic calendar on the university web site.

From long experience in higher education, I can tell you that good discards will start to appear at least a week before the day the students actually have to leave. Many students will leave right after their last exam, and some will start clearing things out well before that.
Whoa, at UNF they're beginning finals next week-and my wife is 400 miles away with my pickup truck. Dangit! Hopefully there will be some diving left over by the time she gets back.
Whoa, at UNF they're beginning finals next week-and my wife is 400 miles away with my pickup truck. Dangit! Hopefully there will be some diving left over by the time she gets back.

You don't have to have a pickup to dive, do you? I've dived in everything from a Suburban to a subcompact. My sons have dived on bikes.

phantomdiver

The academic calendar shows final exam week as the second week of May.

Probably anytime during that week would be good.

As it gets closer, let's stay in touch!

better to have company! especially at night

HR
As it gets closer, let's stay in touch!

You got it!

phantomdiver
No. of Recommendations: 1
You don't have to have a pickup to dive, do you?

yeah, but i drive a taxi at the moment, and UNF is about 30 minutes from where i live. i can see it now:

*gabe picks up a cab fare*

"good afternoon, and where can i take you?"

"take me?! where am i supposed to sit!"

"just move that box of magazines, put the tv on top of them, and please hold the box of miscellaneous computer parts on your lap, there's some stuff in there that needs to be handled carefully"

"!!!!!"

tee hee.

gabe
"take me?! where am i supposed to sit!"

LOL! I see your point!

phantomdiver